This role is with Holmusk a startup supported by SGInnovate.
At Holmusk, our mission is to help solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenge – Mental Health & Chronic Disease. Come join a diverse and collaborative team of engineers, designers, data scientists, health professionals and business executives who are passionate about improving healthcare.
As a senior data scientist you will be involved in all aspects of the data driven decision making process - data acquisition, data processing, model conceptualization, innovation, development, and testing. You will present the meaningful insights to different levels of healthcare stakeholders and get a chance to make a change.
At Holmusk we take pride in our diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We believe it takes all kinds of people to build the best products and bring real change to the healthcare space
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leverage understanding of client needs to frame a problem in terms of application of data science and create roadmap to execution
- Articulate the unique value proposition of Holmusk to clients and KOLs
- Learn about varied disease conditions associated with projects/opportunities and communicate confidently with subject matter experts
- Develop proposals for clients with timeline, resource and budget projections
- Innovate and create new methods, new algorithms, or applications
- Manage and mentor a group of junior data scientists
- Manage, track and communicate progress of a portfolio of data science projects
- Develop manuscripts and publish in peer-reviewed international journals
- 1+ years of full time experience building and validating predictive models
- PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Life Sciences or related field
- Prior experience in using predictive modeling or data driven analysis in biological or healthcare related data
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling methods, different machine learning techniques, latest architectures of NN, data mining concepts, and optimization, etc.
- Experience with analysis tools (Python)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal relationship skills and a strong team player
- Strong history of publications in healthcare, life sciences, computer science, etc.
- Working knowledge or experience in development of mechanistic modeling, quantitative systems pharmacology, or differential equation models
- Understanding of parameter estimation methods
- Experience in leading teams of data scientists or quantitative scientists
- Understanding of neuroscience, cardiovascular diseases, or metabolic disease
- Some experience handling clinical trial data, EHR data or claims data
- Experience in distributed computing, cloud computing, and AWS
Interested applicants may apply directly on STARS [ Link removed ]
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning