You will be part of the MWS Family Service Centre team offering psychiatric assessment and counselling service to vulnerable families. As part of your role, you will be receiving supervision and training from Community Psychology Hub and working with other professionals to serve our community.
Psychological Assessment and Intervention
- To assess for mental health and/ or neuro developmental challenges for highly complex cases
- To work collaboratively and seamlessly with social workers in the agency to ensure that casework and counselling goals are achieved. Home visits will be necessary.
- To represent the centre in its advocacy efforts for vulnerable families, with the aim of advocating for these families to have access to equal opportunities through collaborative practice with community partners.
- To undertake professional and clear documentation of sessions in accordance to centre and MSF professional standards.
- Administer appropriate and suitable psychometric tools.
- Develop and implement treatment plans and therapeutic processes.
- To partake in relevant training programmes and supervision to ensure skills are kept relevant to clientele grp.
Information and Referral Service
- To refer individuals and/or family to relevant resources that are not provided within the centre.
- Help clients define goals and plan action to achieve personal, social, educational and vocational development and adjustment.
- To undertake Information and Referral (I&R) duties so as to appreciate the context of service delivery within the centre and align counselling goals to presenting issues at I&R level.
- To provide mental health training via practice circles in the Family Services (FS) cluster
- To participate actively in all learning platforms within FS cluster
A Masters’ degree in Clinical Psychology from an accredited university with 3 – 5 years' working experience. The programme must include a supervised practicum and supervised training in psychological assessment and intervention.
- Learning Platforms
- Service Delivery
- Psychological Evaluations
- Mental Health
- Home Care